Last year I posted a summary of the books I had read throughout the year. I thought I’d do the same this year. It’s a fun round up and a great way for me to keep track of what I am and have read. In my list this year are the German translations of the first two books of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium trilogy and the original German of The Reader (although that’s a bit of a cheat as I read it last year, too).
So what did you read this year? Any recommendations?
- 1979 – Christian Kracht : a German travels to Tehran on the cusp of the Iranian Revolution
- Verblendung – Stieg Larsson : the first in the Millennium trilogy (aka Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)
- Blackbox – Benjamin von Stuckrad-Barre : a selection of short stories
- Der Vorleser – Bernhard Schlink (Re-read it) : a post WWII coming-of-age story
- Heute Show Das Buch – Oliver Welke & Morton Kühne : jokes and favorite moments from the German version of The Daily Show
- Verdammnis – Stieg Larsson : the second in the Millennium trilogy
- Auch Deutsche unter den Opfern – Benjamin von Stuckrad-Barre : a selection of articles on politics, pop culture and life (my review)
Currently reading: Nur was nicht ist ist möglich – Max Dax and Robert Defcon : a biography of the band Einstürzende Nebauten told in their own words