Last weekend, I ended up going through a box of old keepsakes, so to speak, that I have. It’s a box of all the goodies I
hoarded saved from our last trip to Germany. It’s a lot of fun going through the box and remembering everywhere we went, saw, and ate. It’s also good for comparison. I was going through the box looking for some information so I could use it to prepare for our upcoming trip. Can’t wait! Until then, my Reads of the Week….
- Eco-Cha has released a documentary video on Taiwanese oolong tea that was funded by crowd sourcing (including my own).
- Der Spiegel has published an interesting article on the state of Berlin’s museum scene, which they call “boring.”
- On a similar note, German politicians are making some changes that effect the country’s artists. Some of those artists are not responding well. Deutsche Welle is reporting that Georg Baselitz is removing his art from the country’s museums in protest.
- UNESCO has released a list of the newest World Heritage Sites!
- Swiss author Christian Kracht, a favorite of mine, has recently had the first of his books published in English. Imperium is out now.